Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1. What Does Land Tour Package Means?
Land Tour Package is a combination of accommodation +Transfers +Sightseeings for Domestic and International travel.
- 2. What is the difference between Group and FIT Tour ?
A set number of people traveling together following a set itinerary organized for the group with Meals inclusive alongwith a Tour Director travelling from the start to the end of the Tour make a Group Tour .
These are conducted on Fixed Dates and operates only if the Minimum Number of people are met for the Booking to travel on those mentioned dates .
FIT on the other hand is a Fully Independent Tour, which follows a prepared itinerary and can be constructed by putting together various tour components as per your choice .This is popular for individuals,families or any groups who wants to explore on their own as per their individual preference and schedule.
- 3. What are the payment modes accepted by WTS ?
- The payment for the services booked with us can be paid by cheque, cash (Maximum under Rs 50000), Credit card, Debit Card and Bank transfer. EMI options are also available
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive our MODES OF PAYMENT document which spells out every single detail to assist you in making your payments through various modes.
- 4. Are the package costs inclusive of intercity travel?
Some of the packages include the intercity Travel.Some do not,thus the same will be required to be checked as per the inclusions on the packages chosen.
- 5. What are Black out period/High Season /Weekend surcharges?
During the large scale events some of the Hotels may announce No Sale period or during a particular period the Hotel Inventory are presold in advance and this is termed as Black Out Period.
During Long weekends and Festival Holidays, hotels/attractions apply High Season surcharges. Also some Hotels or resorts apply weekend surcharge round the year. Hence our recommendation will be to book your vacation well in advance.
- 6. After Paying the Booking deposit do I consider the Tour as confirmed?
Once you pay us the Booking amount we process your bookings with the Airline and our suppliers .We come to know the final status of availability of the respective airline class and Hotel quoted only when revert is received from the respective partners and thereafter the same is conveyed to you.
At times, if the quoted Hotel and Airline Seats at the class on which the quote was based are not available we may provide you with alternate options with or without any extra charges.
- 7. In case of emergency whom should we call?
When we provide you with the Confirmation Vouchers we mention the contact name and number of our representative in the respective countries of your travel.
However apart from our represenatative you will always have Local Indian contact number which will be easily accessible for you.
- 8. Can I carry Medicines from India while travelling abroad?
Medicines with a prescription provided by a certified doctor are accepted, you need to carry these medicines in Zip Lock bags for easy inspection.
- 9. Can I add or reduce the number of people after booking the tour?
Addition or reduction of any person is accepted, the same may affect the pricing of the Tour. However there might be cancellation charges applicable towards the reduction of passengers.
- 10. What Services are provided by WTS?
At WorldTravel Studio we have a team of highly Reliable, Experienced and knowledgeable Vacation Consultants, who co-work with you to design customized International/India vacations as per your liking. Just let us know your choice of Destination, Duration and Budget, Special Requirements (if any) and we shall provide customized solution as per your liking. So whether you are looking for a family vacation or a romantic escape to a popular or off-beat destination, inclusive of accommodation, sightseeing, transfers, flights/cruise/ train, meals, visas, insurance or standalone service, you can rely on us.
- 11. Do you have EMI scheme?
Yes... you can Swipe and Fly. We offer the convinience of hassle-free, Zero Documentation, monthly installment facility on holiday packages and ticketing. You just have to swipe your ICICCI Bank, Axis Bank, Kotak Bank, Standard Chartered Bank or HSBC Bank credit card and opt for 3, 6 or 9 months EMI plan. Its that simple and easy. Speak to our vacation consultant for more details.
- 12. How much Tips should be paid when we travel abroad?
It is customary to offer tips to drivers, guides, hotel attendants etc. on a per person per day basis which could range from 3 to 5 US$/Euro or local currency equivalent to this value.
- 13. Calling cards should be bought in India or abroad?
Calling Cards can be procured in India before departure OR can also be purchased locally at the airport or market.
- 14. What is the value of duty free allowances?
As per the current guidelines passengers returning by air / sea after a minimum 3 day stay overseas, can bring in goods worth INR 25000 ( Adult) and INR 6000 (Child up to 10 years).Destinations such as Nepal, Bhutan and China carry lower limits. Within the above limit one is entitled to 2 liters of liquor and a carton of 200 cigarettes. 1 Laptop however can be brought in by any passenger above 18 under the duty free limit.
- 15. What are the precautions we should take while travelling?
It is advisable to always carry photo copy of your travel documents like passport with visa page, ticket and insurance policy document and extra copies of your photograph. Carrying scan copies of these in a pen drive and also mailing them to your personal id is a good idea. Share your overseas local contact number with us or any of your close friend or relative based in home country. Do not carry valuables on person and it is better to avail safe deposit locker facility in the hotels. Avoid secluded streets and areas that seem unsafe.
- 16. What is Yellow fever Vaccination AND when should it be taken?
Yellow fever is a serious disease caused by a virus and occurs in certain countries of tropical Africa and South America. Yellow fever is not transmitted directly from person to person. Travelers over the age of 9 months should get the vaccination done at least 10 days before the date of travel to allow immunity to develop. A single dose of vaccine provides immunity for at least 10 years. Yellow fever vaccine can only be given at accredited centers on the basis of your confirmed air tickets and passports.
- 17. What is ST, Why is it charged? Is this refunded if the tour is cancelled?
ST is signified as Service Tax which is levied by the Government of India with effect from July 2011 and range between 1.4% to 9% on travel related services. The same is non refundable.
Transfers and Sightseeing
- 1. What do you mean by SIC or Private Transfers/Tours?
SIC Transfers: SIC means Seat In Coach. Herein the Transfers provided are shared with various nationalities and clients will be required to go to specific meeting point as mentioned in the Vouchers where our representative will meet clients with or without a placard.There are possible chances that clients will have to wait as the Vehicle will be scheduled to pick other clients to travel in the same vehicle.
SIC Tours: Tours are conducted in shared vehicles. In some European countries it is required to go to a Particular meeting point and join the tour wherein in some Asian countries the pickup and drop points are Hotel Lobby/drop point. The clients are required to be at the Hotel Lobby 10-15mninutes prior to the designated schedule.
Private Transfers : Vehicles are exclusively for the usage by the respective client and once they reach the meeting point,they are met by our representative holding a Pla Card and therafter directly transferred to the Hotel.
Private Sightseeing: Clients have exclusive vehicle for taking them on sightseeings and irrespective of countries they are always picked up and dropped at the Hotel Lobby. The clients need to be at the Hotel Lobby atleast 10-15minutes prior as the driver will not wait for more than 5 minutes and will leave.The same services if not utilized cannot be claimed for refunds.
- 2. Are the timings adhered for pick up and drops for the Tours?
Timings of pick up are adhered during Private transfers wherein on Seat In Coach basis there could be delay of 10-15mnts as there are people who are being picked / dropped from/to the other Hotels .
However in all cases whether private or Seat in Coach basis you have to be at the Hotel Lobby approx 10mnts prior to the scheduled time.
- 3. Is Vehicle on disposal for the Private Tour arranged?
Though it’s a private tour the services will be from point to point as per the schedule/Itinerary, unless otherwise specified in the package.
- 4. If any of the Sightseeing’s are cancelled during the Tour, do I get the refund in the respective country itself?
The Refund happens only if the same is cancelled by the respective supplier due to unavoidable circumstances. Refunds will be processed at our end. You will have to provide us the ticket/Voucher or the documents with a cancellation stamp or written message from the supplier, thus enabling us to process your refund . In case, you decide to cancel a service, cancellation policy will apply.
- 5. Incase of SIC (Seat In Coach) Transfer will somebody be holding the placard?
We have the Meeting Point mentioned in our travel Vouchers which are handed over to you during the time of your travel.You have to proceed to the meeting point or counter. The Placard may or maynot be held by the representative.
- 6. What is difference between Optional Tours and Add on Tours?
Optional Tours are normally Half Day or Full Day sightseeings Tours which are not part of standard/booked packages. You may book these tours in India itself with us or opt to book the same while on Tour. We highly recommend booking the same in India itself.
Add- on Tours are short vacations to new destination which may not be part of the standard/suggested/booked package, which are inclusive of accommodation, sightseeing’s and transfers. These can be easily combined with your main package and can be opted pre or post the main tour.
- 7. What is difference between Seeing and Visiting?
Whenever it is mentioned “You will see” you will be largely seeing monuments or other attractions from the Vehicle you are travelling and sometimes there can be a brief photostop.
In case of visit we halt and spend sometime to see the particular attraction or monuments. Some of them do not charge any entrance fees. If there are any entrance fees and the same is not included in your package you may choose to pay as per your choice.
- 8. Are Entrance fees included in the Sightseeing tours?
Whenever entrances are inclusive in a particular attraction it is explicitly stated in the itinerary and vouchers.
Overseas Travel Insurance
- 1. Is Overseas Travel Insurance Mandatory?
We highly recommend that you obtain an insurance cover for your overseas travel to cover exigencies in terms of your health, loss of baggage, documents etc. Many countries insist on travel insurance as part of documentation while considering your visa application. The Premium amount varies as per passenger age, duration of visit and country visited. Passengers should also note to provide names of nominees while buying this insurance cover.
- 2. How do we claim our Insurance amount and will you help us for same?
We only facilitate the issuance of the policy for the passenger. The contract is between the insurance provider and the passenger and the claims if any on the same have to be raised directly with the issuer. All claim settlement will be at the sole discretion of the issuer.
- 3. Is it mandatory for me to buy travel insurance even if I am covered by medical insurance in India?
Though you may have medical cover in India, it will not generally cover expenses over medical exigency in an overseas destination. You need to avail a travel insurance policy which is specifically designed to cover risks and exigencies which are specific to travel including medical reasons. Besides, especially European countries insist on a travel insurance of a minimum value and duration as a pre requisite to getting a Schengen visa.
- 1. How much INR can I carry when I travel abroad in a calendar year?
As per current regulation, you are allowed to carry a maximum of INR 7500 per person while travelling abroad.
- 2. What is BTQ and what is the limit?
BTQ stands for ‘ Basic Travel quota’ .The current maximum limit per person is US$ 10000 per calendar year of which the maximum that can be obtained and carried in currency form is US$ 2000 .The balance should be in the form of traveler cheques. If you are a frequent traveler you need to ensure that your specified BTQ limit does not exceed the above amount for the calendar year.
- 3. What is ROE? Why is the ROE quoted by tour operators for the tour cost is different from bank rates?
ROE stands for Rate of exchange which is the value of one country's currency expressed in another currency. ROE is always dynamic. Tour operators advise the rates based on daily quote received from authorized foreign exchange dealers. ROE seen in daily newspaper is the reference rate for inter- bank dealing and transactions which would always be different and lower than Cash/TC (Traveler cheque) – selling rate that is applicable to purchasers of foreign currency from authorized exchange dealers.
- 4. Will the refund for my foreign currency tour cost component be calculated at the same ROE at which I paid the INR equivalent at the time of booking?
Refunds will be made only in INR. As regards rate, the lower of the exchange rates between the ROE on the date of your payment and the ROE on the date of your refund will apply.
- 5. What do we do with the Forex not utilized during the Tour?
Unused Forex can be enchased to INR through authorized foreign exchange dealer based on his buying rate for the day or used for future overseas travel with WorldTravel Studio.
- 6. Will you recommend converting Forex into local currency at the overseas airport?
En cash bare minimum of the foreign in to local currency at the airport only to meet your immediate needs. Local banks / Authorized Money changers are better places to en cash owing to their favourable exchange rates.
- 7. Do you provide assistance on purchase of foreign currency for use on tour?
Yes, we do. We can assist you with foreign exchange requirement for spending on tour in either currency or card form. However we encourage use of Travel card for its obvious benefits of ensuring safety of money in a foreign land. Post your booking we share the details of the travel card and encourage you to buy it before departure for whatever value within the RBI defined Basic Travel Quota limit of USD 10000 per traveller per year.
- 8. What is a travel card and why should one purchase it for overseas travel?
Travel card is the smartest and safest alternative to carrying foreign exchange in currency form in a foreign land. Travel card facilitates loading of multiple foreign currencies depending on your country of travel. Buying a travel card from us saves you visits to the bank , besides assistance on paper work which we keep to bare minimum. The cards have validity long enough to cover multiple visits abroad and also has a backup facility in the event you lose it. With a card on your side you are insulated with currency fluctuations that will occur in future post purchase of your card. You can load a total amount as little as 200 USD and as high as 10000 USD on the card in single or multiple currencies. It can be re loaded on tour within 24 hours post completion of a small procedure of your arranging payment to reload the required amount. A toll free global help line number is at hand to assist and guide you through any information or emergency situation encountered during the course of its use.
- 1. What is the difference between Twin and Double share basis?
Double share or Twin share basis means occupancy of 02 Adults in the same room, wherein you will be provided two separate single beds in case of ‘Twin’ and a single King size bed you have booked ‘Double’.
- 2. Full form of MAPAI, APAI and CPAI or EPAI basis?
EPAI Stands for European Plan (Room only basis with Hotel Taxes inclusive), CPAI Stands for Continental Plan (Room with Breakfast and Hotel Taxes Inclusive), MAPAI Stands for Modified American Plan(Room with Breakfast and One Major Meal either lunch or Dinner and Hotel Taxes Inclusive ), APAI Stands for American Plan(Room with Breakfast and All Meals i.e. Breakfast, lunch & Dinner and Hotel Taxes inclusive)
- 3. What are the city taxes and can the same be paid in India?
The term City Taxes is used in reference to the local tourist taxes that has been introduced by many countries around the world. Generally the tax is in a Foriegn Curreny and amount corresponding to the hotel star rating levied on a set Number of nights: this taxable number of night’s threshold varies from place to place. This may range between 2-5 euros/dollars per person per night and is required to be paid directly at the Hotel by the client.
- 4. Do hotels aboard take Security Deposit?
Most of the Hotels ask for Security Deposit during the check-in process in the form of Credit Card guarantee or cash deposit. Cash is however refunded at the time of check out from the Hotel.
- 5. Is there a charge for early check-in and late checkout in Hotels?
Normally we do request for Early check-In or late check out as per your flight booked, however the same at the sole discretion of the Hotel. Most of the hotels charge. In case you wish to have a guaranteed early check in or late check out, subject to availability you will have to pay the requisite charges. You may check with us at the time of booking and we shall be happy to assist you.
- 6. What is the difference between Hotel/Apartment/Lodge and Resort?
All the above Terms refer to the accommodation wherein you stay during your Holiday and are your provision for Home away from Home.
Hotel is a commercial Establishment providing lodging, meals and other guest services. Although hotels are classified into ‘star’ categories (1 to 5 star deluxe), there is no standard method of assigning these ratings, and compliance with customary requirements is voluntary
Destination Resort is a resort that contains, in and of itself, the necessary guest attraction capabilities, it does not need to be near a destination (town, historic site, theme park, or other) to attract its public. A commercial establishment at a resort destination such as a recreational area, a scenic or historic site, a theme park, a gaming facility or other tourist attraction may compete with other businesses at a destination. Consequently, another quality of some destination resort is that it offers food, drink, lodging, sports and entertainment, and shopping within the facility so that guests have no need to leave the facility throughout their stay.
Apartment hotels are flexible types of accommodation; instead of the rigid format of a hotel room, an apartment hotel complex usually offers a complete fully fitted apartment. The length of stay in these apartment hotels is varied with anywhere from a few days to months or even years. The people that stay in apartment hotels use them as a home away from home, therefore they are usually fitted with everything the average home would require and provides an economic stay for people who wish to stay longer .
Lodges are generally looked down for accommodation purpose and is generally related with people who have very little budget or are bagpackers. Today Tourism Industry around the world has got a different meaning to it and there are Luxury Lodges or Eco Lodges which are worth for stay and relaxation. In New Zealand, Lodges are the most luxurious and expensive accommodation option. Such Luxurious Lodges are now available in many countries.
- 7. Why do Hotels/Resorts take security deposit in Cash or by capturing credit card details at the time of Check-In?
Though your hotel stay is pre-paid as mentioned in the voucher shared with you and produced to the hotel on check in, it is customary for the hotels to collect the security deposit or credit card details towards the said deposit, in order to secure its interest in the event of guest using any services or incidentals at the hotel or any damage caused to hotel property and assets as these are not covered in the voucher and hence needs to paid for separately before check out.
- 8. Why is early check-in or late check-out on request and not guaranteed?
These facilities are totally at the discretion of the hotel. While we specifically write to the hotel to arrange this, they acknowledge with a rider that it will be considered only subject to availability on the day of your check in or check out since it is dependent on the occupancy level of the hotel on the said day. We therefore recommend clients to choose flight schedules wherever possible on airlines whose arrival and departure are better aligned to check in and check out time. If early check in or late check-out is required on guaranteed basis, the same can be arranged by booking an extra night or supplement as adviced by the hotel/resort
- 1. Meals included in the package are on Ala Carte or Buffet basis?
It could be a buffet or fixed menu or packed meal or Ala Carte, do check about the same during the booking process.
- 2. Will I get Indian Meals abroad?
Most of the Cities around the world have Indian Restaurants .The same can be checked for on the internet or we shall be happy to assist you with the list of some recommended restaurants. However there are certain suburban cities which will not be able to offer the Indian meals and one will require to try out local meals which is a different experience altogether.
- 1. What is the weight allowed for travel abroad in terms of luggage and size?
As per General rule applicable by all the airlines Max 20Kg per individual and one Hand baggage not more than 5Kg is allowed. However the same may vary for few sectors and some airline. We advise you to check your E.Tickets wherein the same is specified or check with us during the time of booking.
- 2. Considering that 20 kg luggage is allowed per person, incase 2 people are travelling, can we carry 1 bag weighing 30 Kg and other 10 kg?
The weight allowed to be carried is always on per person basis and needs to be adhered accordingly. The luggage with 30kg will be charged extra , thus it is advisable to shift the 10kg to other bag which is carrying less.
- 3. For USA, Europe and Australia intercity flights how luggage is allowed per ticket?
Baggage Policy varies from airline to airline. Normally airline allows 20Kg, however most of the low cost carriers permit only 10-15 Kg, some charge you for the entire luggage. Hence we recommend you to check the same with the respective airline that you have opted for prior to your travel. Whenever we manage your airline Booking we will provide you the luggage policy details.
- 4. What are the advantages of booking flights in advance?
Airfares are dynamic in nature and normally are lower if booked well in advance. Other advantage is you get preferred date and schedule of your choice alongwith the Lower class fares benefit.
- 5. Can we carry personal wheelchair?
- Yes, you can carry personal wheelchair or other mobility equipment as checked baggage from guests dependent on such equipment. Guests may carry their assistive devices weighing up to 15 kgs free of charge as additional baggage, subject to the limitation of the aircraft. As per the Piece Concept, free baggage allowance will apply as per the respective class of travel i.e. First Class, Premiere and Economy. We would recommend you let us know at least 48hrs prior to your departure so we can verify the confirmation with respective airline as each airline terms and conditions vary.
- Acceptance of power-driven wheelchairs/assistive devices using batteries shall be subject to regulations governing the carriage of dangerous goods.
- If you are travelling with your own wheelchair, Please inform us about the specifications (length, breadth, height, weight and details of power supply/batteries if electric powered) at least 48 hours prior to your journey to enable us to confirm the same with respective airline.
- Personal wheelchairs that cannot be accommodated in the cabin shall be stowed in the cargo hold and returned to the guest at the destination.
Passport and Visa
- 1. Can I Travel as a Tourist on my Business Visa granted to me?
If your Visa is valid you can use the same for travel and enjoy your holiday.
- 2. Can I travel for my Business requirement on a Tourist Visa granted to me?
You can travel, and have to satisfy the immigration authorities at the airport and produce official invitation letter to that effect.
- 3. What does the Validity date mean on a Tourist Visa endorsement?
Validity period of a visa defines the period within which you can undertake your travel. Within this period your actual length of stay is restricted to fixed number of days permissible on a tourist visa by the respective country. Needless to say the number of days between your departure and return date should be inside this permissible limit.
- 4. What is the difference between single, double and multiple entry visa?
This implies number of times you can enter and exit the country during the validity of the Visa. Depending upon your travel plan whether current or near future, our VISABOYO team member will guide you on the same. You can request for a multiple entry visa if your package itinerary requires you to re-enter a country or you plan to visit the same country in near future within its overall validity period. On the other hand, single entry visa allows one time uninterrupted stay in a country and is no longer valid once you depart out of the country to your home countryVisa fees charged by consulates vary depending upon the number of entries as well as validity period requested/desired.
- 5. What should be the validity of Passport for travel?
Passport should be valid for minimum period 06 months from the intended date of travel abroad.
- 6. Can a passport with 20 year validity be accepted for Visa?
Kindly note that passport with 20 year validity will not be accepted for Schengen visa covering 25 countries and also Malaysia. If you are planning a visit to any of these countries it is mandatory to apply and get a new passport with 10 year validity.
- 7. What is ECNR or ECR and when is the same required?
ECNR signifies ‘Emigration check Not required’ and ECR signifies ‘Emigration Check Required’. Holders of ECR passports need Emigration Check clearance from GOI- Protector of Emigrants specially when going on work visa. However, ECR passport holders travelling on a tourist visa do not need clearance; this is known as an Emigration Check Suspension.
- 8. Can I apply for Visa in a city other than the city where my passport is issued?
Visa can be applied from the current resident city on the basis of documentary proof of residence even though the passport might be issued in a different state /city.
- 9. When travelling for Honeymoon is it mandatory to have the spouse name in the passport?
This is not a compulsion. Visa can be applied for with Marriage Certificate or a Wedding card with some photographs of marriage.
- 10. Do I need a Passport for visiting Nepal?
Passport is not mandatory to travel to Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any ONE of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
- 11. What documents you require for Visa on arrival?
Indian passport holders travelling to the Visa on arrival countries need not apply for visa prior to travel and can obtain the same on arrival on the basis of following documents:
- Original Passport valid for 6 Months from the date of travel
- Return Confirmed Air Ticket
- Hotel Confirmation
- Foreign Exchange currency
- Sponsor Letter if required
- Overseas Travel Insurance
- 12. Which countries provide Visa on arrival (VOA) to Indian Passport holders?
Below is the current list of VOA Countries, subject to travellers holding requisite travel documents prescribed by the individual countries which are usually the confirmed return flight ticket, Passport size photograph, Copy of International credit card, hotel confirmation vouchers and cash in local currency to pay for the visa wherever it is chargeable. It should also be noted that VOA facility may either be complimentary or on chargeable basis at the immigration on arrival, which can be checked with the visa team at World Travel Studio.
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent & The Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Sao Tome & Principe
Turks & Caicos Islands
Jeju Island of South Korea
- 13. If Visa is rejected what will be the charges levied?
Kindly refer to our section of Visa under terms and conditions as part of the Booking Form.
- 14. Do I apply for a business or a tourist visa, if I have to combine business with leisure?
- If you have to holiday in a country before or after your business , you need to apply for a business visa based on official invite of your business partner overseas or your employer’s authorization for the said business visit. However the entry and exit date should cover the extra days you would spend on leisure backed by corresponding flight ticket and hotel accommodation.
- Inversely if you are holding a tourist visa but want to do business as well, you need to produce the official invitation letter from the local business house to the immigration authorities as it is not legally permissible to pursue business interests on a tourist visa.
- 15. Can I travel on a passport with validity less than 6 months from the date of my return from tour?
No, you need to have minimum 6 months validity on your passport calculated from the date of return to India from your tour.